14 Jan 2016
Pay once - No IAPs
Momoka offers a unique gameplay experience which switches seamlessly from a platforming shooter within and between round planets, to exploration of the large planetary system using a spaceship. As Momoka hops and flies across her solar system, she will gain items and abilities that allow her to access new areas. You will meet many characters, collect upgrades, and battle fearsome enemies as you explore Haruto to find out why its sun is dying, and how you will save it.
The intention with Momoka was to write a thoroughly modern, high quality exploration & adventure game for iOS. Momoka blends the depth and exploration of games like Zelda & Metroid with the great platforming action, slickness and beautiful presentation expected on iOS. We chose the Low-Poly art style as it looks especially good on the Retina screens common with iOS hardware, and it suits Momoka’s light hearted mood.
The bulk of the game is a shooter-style platformer, but jump in the ship, the camera will zoom out, and you can fly around Haruto in Momoka’s rocket a la Lunar Lander. This has enabled us to combine the great gameplay, but small scale, of a platformer with the larger scales required for an immersive adventure game. During your adventure you will meet many characters, individually written to help, hinder, frustrate or amuse you.
The 2.5D approach keeps the controls simple, sharp and iOS appropriate by restricting the mechanics to that of a platformer, whilst still giving players the beautiful cutting edge visual experience they have come to expect from the best of iOS games. We are particularly proud of the dynamic lighting and realtime shadows.
Momoka features main theme music by Kalle Ylitalo.
- fantastic music . . . quirky cast of characters . . . you really can feel all the heart and soul that went into this game
- heaps of heart . . . a delight for anyone who loves exploring
- gorgeous and charming platformer adventure game that will keep you busy
- Momoka has a near-flawless control scheme . . . insanely responsive
- The best part of Momoka is there’s so much to do
- Metroidvania-like gameplay and colorful worlds are sure to keep you glued to your screen in this charming action platformer
In addition to maintaining the iOS and tvOS versions of Momoka, and releasing a content update later this year, Momoka will also appear in the Mac App Store.